Free School Meals - How to apply information
Applying for Free School Meal entitlement for Northamptonshire County Council
Does my child qualify for free school meals?
If you are in receipt of any of the following, your child may be eligible for free school meals.
- Income Support
- Income based Job Seekers Allowance
- Income related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- Child Tax Credit, with no element of Working Tax Credit, and a household income below £16,190 (as assessed by HM Revenue and Customs)
- Guarantee Element of State Pension Credit
- Universal Credit - income dependant
To check if you are eligible for Pupil Premium free school meals (not universal free school meals Reception to Year 2) please visit:
❗Please note: Each sibling must have an application for Free School Meals, either on the same application or individually.
Once you receive your application reference number and accompanying email, please provide this to the school office by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
🗓️Free school meals take approximately 7-10 working days to be authorised. Once authorised, Hazel Leys Academy then receives a notification from Northamptonshire County Council with a start date. This may take longer at present due to the Covid-19 lock down.