Welcome to the Hazel Leys Academy
Based close to the centre of Corby, Hazel Leys Academy has a long and strong history of serving the local community and of teaching generations of families. Children from Nursery through to Year 6 learn in an environment that engages, focuses and inspires them to do well.
I am exceptionally proud to be the Principal of the Hazel Leys Academy. Our dedicated team of staff and the wider trust have one end goal – to enable every child in our academy to be the best that they can be. Children are at the heart of everything we do.
At Hazel Leys Academy, we aim to provide all pupils with a stimulating and inclusive educational environment in which everyone feels safe, respected and supported to grow and develop to their full potential.
Our purposeful curriculum is therefore designed to give children the entitlement to:
- Knowledge - develop a rich and deep subject knowledge
- Skills - secure basic skills in reading, writing and maths
- Enrichment - develop new skills and independence through a variety of contexts and enrichment experiences
- Culture - provide a cultural, arts and sporting programme
- Aspiration - be curious learners - experiencing the engagement in, challenge and enjoyment of learning
- Diversity - gain an understanding of fundamental British Values to inform their own moral code
Our website has been designed to provide you with some useful information about our academy and as a vehicle to share with you what goes on at Hazel Leys Academy. Should you require any further information please do not hesitate to contact us.
I sincerely look forward to welcoming you and your child(ren) to the Academy.
The Academy is sponsored by the Greenwood Academies Trust (GAT) who currently has 37 open academies educating over 18,000 pupils across seven local authority areas including Nottingham City, Nottinghamshire, Leicester City, West Northamptonshire, North Northamptonshire, Peterborough, and Lincolnshire.
To find out more about the Trust click here.
If you would like to find out more please contact the Academy office.
We will be delighted to welcome you to the Academy to share our vision and values, our culture and climate for learning and the aspirations we have for our community of learners.
Mrs Beverley Trotman